Thursday, December 2, 2010

Breathe.


I closed my eyes today enjoying the soft shadows the light played on my eyelids.
Red figures, soft figures... 
like a dancer perfoming a lullaby with perfect and gracious moves.

My mind. 
For the first time in a long time, a white blur... 
one of those precious moments that never last: absolute tranquility.

I started to fell asleep and when I was slowly fading into dreams,
I heard your voice gently becoming one with my conscience.
Sometimes I dream with your voice.

But then, when I thought there were no more moves to make
or thoughts to think, it came to my mind as clear as it has
never been before.

Anna, -I said to myself -you tend to reach out for perfection,
and you never notice it.
You sometimes  try too hard, you exasperate yourself.

Breathe!,-I said -breathe Anna!
Leap and trust, and stop thinking,
Aiming for perfection is the greatest silent weapon you possess.
Disarm yourself.



19 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

welcome in.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

I napped before i got up about 3 hours ago.

lovely reflections and meditations in your work,
enjoyed the imagery here.
Happy Rally.

Gugo said...

Evrytime you go deeper and deeper, i wonder how far would you go?... Perfection?
Amazing job Anieeeee! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so beautifully evocative. Your images are wonderful. There are so many truths to be pondered here. For some of us it's a long struggle to lay down those weapons.

http://liv2write2day.wordpress.com/2010/12/01/one-shot-wednesday-monotone/

Anonymous said...

Some really thought provoking truth in here. felt good to be a part of your meditation..beautifully written..

eyeography said...

"I closed my eyes today enjoying the soft shadows the light played on my eyelids.
Red figures, soft figures...
like a dancer perfoming a lullaby with perfect and gracious moves."

Very well captured in words... :)

Sayandeep Kundu said...

I feel that urgeof a solipsist here.. nice.. related to it.
:)
Regards~ Sayan

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! You really capture that wonderful moment when you lose yourself for a few minutes!
I love those moments, and your poem reminded me of them so powerfully! Well done!

If you want to return the favour, follow this:
http://thoughtunchained.wordpress.com/2010/12/02/red-planet-writer/

Anonymous said...

Closed eyes and open mind is a good recipe for perfection.
Open eyes, ears and a writting pen/ keyboard is another option.
Very well said dear.

Vinay Leo R. said...

beautiful thought provoking poetry! once in a while, the blur does come for me too..

Here is my Rally Poem

Anonymous said...

This was lovely - thank you! Your imagery is stunning.

Here's my Thursday Poet's Rally submission:

http://seasweetie.wordpress.com/2010/12/01/haiku/

Anonymous said...

"I started to fell asleep and when I was slowly fading into dreams,
I heard your voice gently becoming one with my conscience.
Sometimes I dream with your voice.'

Gorgeous words!

Anonymous said...

I particularly like the line "Sometimes I dream in your voice" I may borrow that idea some day- it sounds like a book idea to me. Thanks for the inspiration!

Here is my rally entry: http://shawnbird.com/2010/12/03/night-warmth/

Shawn

Anonymous said...

beautiful and gentlesombl

Anonymous said...

Beautiful imagery. I CAN see what you describe and I love "Disarm yourself," as its a simple, yet powerful directive.

Anonymous said...

Lu Ann, wonderful! Both evocative and provacative. Nice work. Nice selection for Rally.

Jamie Dedes

Anonymous said...

wow..thats a nice one :D

M here from Jingle's Rally

DeLi said...

i enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Bravo!