Monday, May 30, 2011

D.


She had forgotten how much she hated when somebody says that everything happens for a reson. She knew it, I mean, who doesn`t? It was just that she hated how it sounded, she hated how those words could never make her feel better -or at least less guilty and scared.
She took the subway. For the first time in her life, the eyes that were looking at her didn`t bug her at all, her mind was so far away that she almost missed her stop.When she went down, a warm tear ran down her face. That´s how she realized she had been crying all the way home. 
An old woman looked at her with pity while a little boy stared at her and asked her mom why was that lady crying.
She took the stairs to exit and before the sunlight could reach her skin she sighed out loud. It was the saddest sigh nobody had ever heard. The world seemed to stop around her while she kept climbing the stairs, then the light stroke her face and the truth in her eyes was revealed for all to see: she was sorry.


Taking part in Thursday Poets Rally

10 comments:

Dishilicious said...

:(

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

you always find a way to deliver your message, beautifully and convincingly.

Cheers.

:)

Unknown said...

Aaahh!!! such a warm and vibrant poem. keep it up :)

Anonymous said...

That expression doesn't really help me either though I know its well-meaning and people aren't sure what to say. You've really captured raw, vulnerable emotions. I can relate I have shed many tears in public for all sorts of reasons

Anonymous said...

saddest sigh nobody had ever heard

That line is brilliant...love it!

The Poet said...

I love how you ended this.

Very well done!

Audrey Knox said...

I like it, but I don't know what makes it poetry rather than prose.

Ravenblack said...

"Everything happens for a reason" I kinda hate that too, but I guess people say that when they feel they need to say something but dont know what.

Such a vivid portrait of sadness. One almost feels like reaching out, saying nothing but a hand on the shoulder to give a wordless comfort.

Unknown said...

almost had a tear in my eye too ...thank you for sharing

Anonymous said...

Public pain does seem to make everyone uncomfortable. I'm still not sure that everything happens for a reason--at least a good reason.