Sunday, May 22, 2011

Untold.



Once again the rose in my hand shuddered, the petals bleed hot chocolate and the leaves cracked under my feet.

It was like having something you can´t control under control: imposible to avoid but avoiding it anyway. Is that even possible? I stopped asking myself that question a long time ago. 

I write about chocolate, roses and leaves because I can´t allow myself to talk straight. I can´t change metaphores into concrete concepts, I don´t think I am strong enough, at least not today.

How horrible it is to own words, feelings and stories you can´t told! Why can´t they be told? They would be disastrous and harming for the ones we love... 


Taking part in Thursday Poet´s Rally


13 comments:

Gugo said...

There are many ways of releasing those everyday madness that other way will turn us into crazy people. But tell your stories Im sure they cant hurt the real beloved ones.

Hyde Park Poetry Palace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hyde Park Poetry Palace said...

it depends on how well loved ones understand one another.

awesome prose.
Glad to have you in.

Happy Rally.

Anonymous said...

very nice work. happy rally

Anonymous said...

Great poem I know how it feels. There are people in my life that really effect my experiences but I feel I can't write about them just encase they'd be hurt. That's the hard part about being a writer.

Unknown said...

Invite you to contribute to our short story slam today, it could be a poem or a short story,

Be creative,
Have fun!

Bluebell Books!
Xoxox


you seem have the talent and courage to do anything you want, come on, inspire us.

Anonymous said...

I like how you play with words for expression. My first visit to your blog, and I'll certainly be visiting again!

Anonymous said...

We write when we cant tell. Sharing our lives and sharing in the lives of others - that's part of life, together we build our happiness.

Anonymous said...

I understand - often I want to write something that would be considered biographical, but know if specific individuals read it - they would immediately know who I was referring to ... so I try to disguise it into something else. Nicely done! Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Words can sometimes be a burden, especially when they remain as a weight inside us. Good writing.

Anonymous said...

Words can sometimes be a burden, especially they the weight of them remains inside us. Well written. Good post.

The Poet said...

What a dilema some of us have to face...to tell or not to tell.

Very thought-provoking indeed.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

My comment went twice because I didn't think the first one posted. Slow computer today. I just upgraded my browser, and I'm not happy with it so far. :)